All year long, the castle of Blandy offers its visitors a variety of events.
The "Dimanches de Blandy (Blandy Sundays)
Illustration : Aurélia Grandin
On Sunday afternoons, artistic performances invade the castle. From April to October*, street theatre, music, circus art, choreographic and theatrical performances dialogue with cultural heritage. Hospitality is the key word when it comes to the Dimanches de Blandy agenda, with artists being invited from the most diverse backgrounds.
No shows in August
To discover the cultural programme of the “Dimanches de Blandy”, click here. (You will be redirected to a page in French).
All the Other Events
May médiéval 2012
- Créneaux de la nuit : during the summer, for the “créneaux de la nuit” (Crenels of the night), the enclosure of the castle becomes an outdoor cinema. Check website for latest programme.
- Nuit blanche : every year, the castle takes part in the artistic event “Nuit blanche” (Sleepless night), by offering its visitors a nocturnal visit of the Blandy Art Tour(s) exhibition as well as various concerts in different areas of the castle.
- Rando des trois châteaux : as part of the “Destination des trois châteaux” (Destination of the three castles), the castle of Blandy takes part in the “Rando des trois châteaux” (Hike of the three castles). Different itineraries, on foot or by bike, enable visitors and participants to discover the area and three exceptional castles (Blandy, Fontainebleau and Vaux-le-Vicomte). Once in the castle of Blandy, visitors can enjoy different entertainment.
- European Heritage Days : the castle participates in the European Heritage Days. Check website for latest programme.
- Festival Pain d'Epices et Papillotes : each year, to celebrate Christmas, the castle invites young visitors to the “Festival Pain d’Epices et Papillotes” (Gingerbread and chocolate sweet festival). After enjoying the show, children are treated to sweets and other tasty snacks.
- May médiéval : every two years during the month of May, the castle celebrates the “May médiéval”. For the occasion, craftsmen, musicians and all sorts of activities take us back to life in the Middle Ages. .